[horde] Errors in pear packages horde_core and Horde_Service_Weather

Jan Niggemann jn at hz6.de
Mon Jan 19 10:21:57 UTC 2015

Hi list,

I was going to upgrade my fully working installation from 5.2.x (forgot
the exact version) to the latest stable versions.
"pear upgrade -a -B -c horde" upgraded most availabe stable packages,
but produces lots of errors on Horde_Service_Weather-2.1.5.tgz and
Horde_Core-2.18.3.tgz. "pear list all" shows Horde_Role 1.0.1 is
installed.

Example from Horde_Core-2.18.3.tgz (repeated with lots of files):
Validation Error: File "js/webnotification.js" in directory "<dir
name="/">" has invalid role "horde", should be one of cfg, data, doc,
php,
  script, test, www
Validation Error: This package contains role "horde" and requires
package "horde/Role" to be used

Example from Horde_Service_Weather-2.1.5.tgz:
Validation Error: File
"themes/default/graphics/weather/wundergroundlogo.png" in directory
"<dir name="/">" has invalid role "horde", should
  be one of cfg, data, doc, php, script, test, www
Validation Error: This package contains role "horde" and requires
package "horde/Role" to be used

I made a backup before beginning so that's not the issue - but what
might be wrong here?

Cheers
jan