[horde] ha concepts for horde database

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Mon Jan 19 14:44:02 UTC 2015

On 19.01.2015 14:59, Michael Menge wrote:

> As automatic detection and handeling of a faild master is difficult
> (split brain without a quorum), reconfiguration of the database
> (changing slave to master) should be done manually.
>
> I hoped that horde would switch to an readonly database mode if there
> is no connection to db-master. But Horde thows an exception
> "Could not instantiate PDO. PDOException"
>
> Did I miss something in the configuration, or is my planned setup not
> possible? Would a read-only database failback mode be difficult to
> implement?
>
> What other ha database setups are used?

Split Read is a performance measure. It requires both database
connections. It is not a HA measure.

You probably should just toggle the database dns name's IP during failover.

Implementing a list of DB hosts which cycles on failed connect should
not be too hard, but I think it's a very special requirement. The core
devs might not be interested.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer