[horde] Installation issue: DB server NOT 'localhost'

Arne Hermann arne at synercom-edi.com
Thu Jan 29 02:27:54 UTC 2015

Hi Guys,

I've installed the current version of Horde webmail via Pear and
during the final installation step (running webmail-install from the
cmd line) I get the error:

Fatal Error:
Could not instantiate PDO. PDOException: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045]
Access denied for user 'hordemail'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
In /usr/share/php/Horde/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Base.php on line 48

In this installation, the DB is on a separate machine
(database.[mydomain].com) and for the life of me I can't find
where/how to configure that in the Horde config.  Thus, when I run
the "final" installation step (webmail-install) I get the above
error. How do I specify the DB mySQL server as being "database" and
not "localhost"?

TIA,

-Arne