[horde] Display separate web-application

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Wed Feb 4 14:29:37 UTC 2015

On 02/04/2015 08:07 AM, Jan Niggemann wrote:

> Zitat von Andy Dorman <adorman at ironicdesign.com>:
>> Sorry, no.  It works great for us so why try something else.
> Well, I would like to integrate the solution so that users only have a
> single browser window do cope with.
> It's really quite sad, but some people just can't put up with multiple
> windows...
>
>> FWIW it would have been helpful if you had said you were already using
>> that solution in your original email.  I spent about an hour putting
>> together what I hoped would be a helpful response, only to find you
>> already knew about and was using that solution.
> I'm really sorry, I'll keep that in mind for further postings.
> FWIW, I had read http://wiki.horde.org/CustomizeMenu prior to posting
> and succeeded in creating a menu entry to open a new page...
>
> jan

Did you try it using the same window?  We last tried it years ago with
H3/4 and when the user logged out of AnteSpam we got the nested Horde
menus, but it may work better now.

FWIW, I just popped into our dev server and removed the 'target'
attribute from the AnteSpam links just to see what happens.  It opened
AnteSpam in the Horde window and everything worked fine until time to
return to Horde.  I had to use the browser back button several times to
get back to Horde.  I suppose this might work better if we put a menu
entry in AnteSpam to return to Horde using the same window.

But what it sounds like you would like to do is open your app as an
iframe inside the main Horde menu.  I seem to remember doing that at one
time, but it was very confusing to see the Horde menus AND the AnteSpam
menus at the same time.  I suppose that would be fine if AnteSpam was
designed to be opened and used within Horde, but sadly that is not the case.

Please post back to the list and share your knowledge if you get it
working as you want.

Good luck!

--
Andy Dorman