[horde] Kolab-stored preferenced went missing after recent update

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Mon Feb 9 10:57:07 UTC 2015

Hi Jan,

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
> Zitat von Jens-U. Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:
>
>> Hi Andreas & *,
>>
>> Zitat von "A. Schulze" <sca at andreasschulze.de>:
>>> Jens-U. Mozdzen:

>> unfortunately, the above is not true: The newly configured
>> preferences are only available across the session - after a
>> re-login, evreything is gone again.
>>
>> Interestingly, I can confirm that new preferences are stores in the
>> IMAP mailbox - it's just that they aren't read during login.

and again - I was wrong... see below.

> [...]
>> I tried to debug the issue by configuring a debug log in IMP's
>> backend definition. But I only see IMP's IMAP traffic, no
>> preferences-related traffic. Where would I enable tracing
>> KolabImap's accesses to the IMAP server?
>
> You should be able to set $conf['kolab']['imap']['debug'] to some file path.

That hint was helpful, thank you for that.

> The difference between the Kolab_Format versions that you reported
> are mostly cosmetic though and not related to preferences.

Things get stranges by the minute.

Last night, I've run several tests, since the behaviour seemed
sporadic. I believed to be able toreproduce at will:

- I logged off from Horde
- I changed the content of the latest IMAP "user settings message" to
the value from my backup.
- I ran "horde-clear-cache"
- I logged in, and my settings were properly available
- I logged out and re-logged in: the settings were gone, I saw a
latest IMAP message much smaller that the one with "proper settings"

- same scenario as above
- I always ran "horde-clear-cache" after logout
- I logged in and my settings remained proper, although a new IMAP
message got written every time

That's when I thought I had found my clue, but to be sure, I changed
some user setting to confirm this would work, too. Unfortunately,
since then the above steps won't work anymore. I cannot get back to
the state where Horde would read the settings from the latest IMAP
message - it seems that somewhere, the system is persisting some state
that I seem to be unable to reset. What I tried:

- turned off IMAP caching in the IMAP backend configuration and
whereever I could find it int the configuration settings (ie the
"groups" settings)
- stopped httpd
- ran "horde-clear-cache"
- ran "imp-query-imap-cache", clearing the IMAP cache for the Kolab connection
- removed everything from Horde's cache directory
- removed everything from PHP's cache directory
- started httpd
- used a private browser window to log in to Horde

But I almost always drop back to the default settings. One time I then
changed my default identity and logged off/on - the setting was still
available. I then added a second identity, and after immediate
re-login (no cache clearing inbetween), the second identity was gone.
During that test, I did not see a new IMAP settings message being
stored in IMAP, although the Horde UI reported success saving the new
settings.

I'm truly puzzled. It *seems* to be related to some caching, but I
can't put my finger on it. But as it is, it renders our Horde
installation useless.

Regards,
Jens