[horde] Activesync on Android mail sync

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Feb 10 14:25:33 UTC 2015

Quoting Roman Gelfand <rgelfand2 at gmail.com>:

> I have configured android mail to show mail by conversations.  Activesync
> email synced with horde shows one email per conversation (number 1
> appearing on each line).  Whereas activesync email synced with exchanged
> server shows number of emails in conversation with stacked view.
>
> Is there a setting I need to change on the horde side?

Conversation support is spotty, at best, with our ActiveSync
implementation. There are a few reasons for this, some of which are
due to the fact that Exchange has access to specific MAPI properties
that allow it to detect related emails, and to parse out the unique
parts of each email (instead of duplicating the quoted text in each
email). Some of it we could probably improve, but others are just not
possible when using IMAP (as opposed to MAPI) as a mail store.

If you provide a sync log showing the conversation requests I can see
what we can improve. I don't have any clients to test that truly
support this - most just implement it client side (using only the
emails available on the client, of course) similar to IMP's
conversation view.

--
mike
The Horde Project