[horde] Starting from Scratch - Mail Not Activated

Jan Niggemann jn at hz6.de
Sat Feb 14 21:33:39 UTC 2015

Zitat von John McIntyre <joh98.mac at gmail.com>:

> Are there any plans to move towards a perl script that interactively asks
> users which modules they want, asks us where the database server is, the
> username and password, etc?   I've been administering UNIX and Linux for
> twenty years, and even to me, the installation of horde seems horrendously
> complicated.
As a new user I can acknowledge that the installation was a major PITA
on shared hosting, where I had to install into my own PEAR. Horde now
works mostly, but issues persist, like not being able to use trean,
http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20141208/053143.html
or getting errors because of perfectly good config files
(http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.horde.user/37228).

JanN