[horde] Starting from Scratch - Mail Not Activated

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Sat Feb 14 22:45:27 UTC 2015

----- Nachricht von John McIntyre <joh98.mac at gmail.com> ---------
   Datum: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 22:08:02 +0000
     Von: John McIntyre <joh98.mac at gmail.com>
Betreff: Re: [horde] Starting from Scratch - Mail Not Activated
      An: Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>
      Cc: horde <horde at lists.horde.org>

>> Citeren Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:
>>

>>  ----- Nachricht von John McIntyre <joh98.mac at gmail.com> ---------
>>>   Datum: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 21:23:24 +0000
>>>     Von: John McIntyre <joh98.mac at gmail.com>
>>> Betreff: Re: [horde] Starting from Scratch - Mail Not Activated
>>>      An: Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
>>>      Cc: horde <horde at lists.horde.org>
>>>

>>>  Are there any plans to move towards a perl script that interactively asks
>>>>

>>> I felt the same. At the beginning we had to deploy tar.gz files.
>>>
>>> Today I install Horde via PEAR. Thats easy. and if you ruin it, you
>>> remove it, reinstall via PEAR, use your old DB and you're good.
>>>
>>> Did you find this link?
>>> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL
>>>

>> Or use http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL, if you want to
>> install (most of) the groupware packages. The 'webmail-install' script will
>> guide you through most of the steps needed.
>>

> It's not very clear (no disrespect to those who wrote the documents). For
> example, 'apache2'?  Is that still in use??  I use the standard httpd
> daemon that comes with CentOS.
>
> What I don't get is that I can get to the login page, but not any further.
> Why?   Frustrating that I can't get this...

Since I do not know your single steps done and the output generated at
each action I can suggest to review this page (in german) which at
least helped me to identify at which steps my installation goes crap.

http://dokuwiki.nausch.org/doku.php/centos:mail_c6:horde_1

Please use only the steps you are sure you need to do, e.g. maybe you
dont need to create apache users and such because you already have...