[horde] Authorisation and virtual mail users

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Feb 19 21:13:22 UTC 2015

Quoting Jānis <je at ktf.rtu.lv>:

> Hi!
>
> I am trying to figure out how to achieve the following setup:
>
> there is the linux system with real users but for some
> considerations unknown to me it is of utmost importance to use
> virtual accounts for e-mails (postfix/dovecot/postfix-admin/mysql).
> Currently evrth works, but the logging in twice is necessary - first
> - for the Horde framework, except Imp, using sys user credentials
> and the second - using virtual email address if one is going to
> read/send e-mails.
>
> Sys users can not be virtualized because they have huge personal homes there
>
> Is it possible to achieve single authorization for such strange system?

If I understand your question correctly, it sounds like you are using
the wrong authentication backend. You should use Application/IMP
authentication, have the users login using the virtual account
credentials, and make sure you set "hordeauth" to true in
imp/config/backends.local.php.

--
mike
The Horde Project