[horde] CalDAV timezone troubles bug#13866

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Mon Feb 23 14:33:26 UTC 2015

See: https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/13866

I had trouble to upload an event from a CalDAV client for the 14th Feb
2015 14:00 Timezone Europe/Berlin. It happend for KDE Akonadi / Korganizer
as well as when I re-submit the entry that I fetched via GET from Horde
back to Horde.

The problem seems to be that Icalendar/Vtimezones.php returns a single
entry for the requested year for timezones defined via RRULE. For
Europe/Berlin the function returns one entry for daylight in March 2015
and one in October 2015 for standard time, but none for 2014 although the
RRULE applies for 1981 up.

That forced _parseTZID() in Icalendar.php to choose another timezone
definition entry with an inappropriate timezone offset.

I uploaded a patch returning the entries for $year and $year-1 for RRULEs,
too.

Note: Lightning does not have this problem, maybe because it does upload
only one timezone entry. So for 14.Feb no timezone definition could be
found and the _parseTZID() seems to keep the time unchanged.

Does somebody had the same trouble with CalDAV and time offset and could
test the patch?

--
Steffen