[horde] Multiple calendar support

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Sat Mar 21 18:37:54 UTC 2015

  Hi,

----- Nachricht von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> ---------
     Datum: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 14:18:49 -0400
       Von: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
Antwort an: mrubinsk at horde.org
   Betreff: Re: [horde] Multiple calendar support
        An: horde at lists.horde.org

> Quoting Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:
>
>> Hi Team and community,
>>
>> when I create another calendar in Kronolith.
>> And in the settings check the box for more calendar.
>> And choose both calendars for sync...
>>
>> ..should the client not sync both calendars automatically, or do I need
>> recreate account, or anything?
>
> If the client supports multiple collections, it should. However, there
> are many clients that do NOT support this. The ones we know about (and
> are able to detect) are forced to "multiplex" the collections together
> so all events from all of your calendars will appear on a single
> calendar on the client.

If you get a log from me can you make it force multiplex then?

> If you look at your ActiveSync device settings in the prefs (or on the
> admin page) you will see a value named "Forced Multiplex Value" (or
> similar). This is a bit mask that identifies what collections are being
> forced to a single collection on the client.

I can confirm that my client doesnt seem to use this forced multiplex.
I can see that with other of my devices, not with this partuclar one.

> What client are you using?

This is Renovate Milestone 5, Android 4.4.4, HTC Sense 6, and I
believe its booting with Android 5 but am not sure (they say something
on xda-dev)

The client itself is Calengoo, which is using the internal android
calendar, and the exchange account I created.

Thank you,
Andreas