[horde] v5.x instllation

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 27 14:34:47 UTC 2015

Hello all,

Please bear with me as I've been absent from this list for a long
time.

I am trying to compile horde v5.2.5 with pear as suggested on the horde
webpages.

However, this is far diferrent from the installations I used to roll out.
Mostly, well actually , _only_ version 1.2.5 !!

Is there (anywhere) a bit more details instructions on this ?

I checked this

http://www.horde.org/apps/groupware/docs/INSTALL

(the RECOMMENDED way to install Horde Groupware is using the PEAR installer)

but I don't think I succeeded in building something.

Here's the list of commands (in case anyone is interested; system is a CentOS
v6.6 x86) :

. yum install php-pear

. [root at localhost ~]# pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
  Adding Channel "pear.horde.org" succeeded
  Discovery of channel "pear.horde.org" succeeded

. pear install horde/horde_role --alldeps

. pear run-scripts horde/Horde_Role

. Filesystem location for the base Horde application : /var/www/horde

After completion I checked "/var/www/horde" but there's nothing in
there.

Any help would be appreciated, as I find the build instructions quite
cryptic.

thank you all,

spyros