[horde] Delegate ACL in Kronolith

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Apr 1 10:31:06 UTC 2015

Zitat von Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>:

> What is the ACL "delegate" in Kronolith used for?
>
> http://lists.horde.org/archives/kronolith/Week-of-Mon-20120326/008094.html
> seems to explain, that delegate is used for CalDAV only?

No.

> The codes in ./add.php says:
>
>         if ($user != $GLOBALS['registry']->getAuth() &&
> !$kronolith_calendar->hasPermission(Kronolith::PERMS_DELEGATE)) {
>
> and $user is derived from the form data. If I share a calendar with only
> DELEGATE to some user, that user cannot even see this calendar and
> requires EDIT to add new or change existing events.

Correct, delegation is the creation of event on behalf of another
user. Typical use case is a secretary creating events for their boss.
If the boss gives the secretary delegation permissions, they can
create an event in the boss' calendar, as if the boss had added it
themselves.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project