[horde] horde pear install

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 05:37:15 UTC 2015

Hello again all,

So, I had my six iterations of reading the manual on installing Horde via
pear.
I have to say; I giant leap for horde from previous versions.
Still have the old documentation around and what is managed now
 by a few keystrokes, used to be a documentation of about six pages !

Thank you kind people at horde !

Anywhoo, the installation went flawlessly (literally!).
However, I am kind of stuck on how to log on !! :-)

towards the end of the pear installation process :

Creating and updating database tables... done.

Configuring administrator settings

Specify an existing mail user who you want to give administrator
permissions (optional): administrator <ENTER>

Writing main configuration file... done.

Thank you for using Horde Groupware Webmail Edition!

So, I went ahead and gave it a name for the super-user, "administrator".
I can access tha horde index page alright, however I don't have a password.

Would anyone have any pointers on this ?

Thank you kindly for your time,

spyros