[horde] horde pear install

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 13:56:31 UTC 2015

On Fri, 3/4/15, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [horde] horde pear install
 To: horde at lists.horde.org
 Date: Friday, 3 April, 2015, 15:44

 Quoting Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>:

 > Hello again all,
 >
 > So, I had my six
 iterations of reading the manual on installing Horde via
 > pear.
 > I have to say;
 I giant leap for horde from previous versions.
 > Still have the old documentation around
 and what is managed now
 >  by a few
 keystrokes, used to be a documentation of about six pages
 !

 > Thank you kind
 people at horde !

 Anywhoo, the installation went flawlessly (literally!).
 > However, I am kind of stuck on how to log
 on !! :-)

 > towards
 the end of the pear installation process :

 > Creating and updating database tables...
 done.

 > Configuring
 administrator settings

 > Specify an existing mail user who you want
 to give administrator
 > permissions
 (optional): administrator <ENTER>

 > Writing main
 configuration file... done.

 > Thank you for using Horde Groupware
 Webmail Edition!

 > So, I went ahead and
 gave it a name for the super-user,
 "administrator".
 > I can access
 tha horde index page alright, however I don't have a
 password.

 > Would
 >anyone have any pointers on this ?

 > By default, Webmail Edition is configured to
 > authenticate against the
 > IMAP server
 > running on the same box. So, all users must exist on the
 >
 > IMAP server (or be created).

Hi Michael ,
Thank you for the prompt reply.

So, there's no "user-user" to set things up in Horde like it used to?
How can I set the environment to my needs ?

Thanks again,

spyros