[horde] Delegate ACL in Kronolith

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Wed Apr 8 13:00:29 UTC 2015

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>:
>
>> What is the ACL "delegate" in Kronolith used for?
>>
>> http://lists.horde.org/archives/kronolith/Week-of-Mon-20120326/008094.html
>> seems to explain, that delegate is used for CalDAV only?
>
> No.
>
>> The codes in ./add.php says:
>>
>>        if ($user != $GLOBALS['registry']->getAuth() &&
>> !$kronolith_calendar->hasPermission(Kronolith::PERMS_DELEGATE)) {
>>
>> and $user is derived from the form data. If I share a calendar with only
>> DELEGATE to some user, that user cannot even see this calendar and
>> requires EDIT to add new or change existing events.
>
> Correct, delegation is the creation of event on behalf of another user.
> Typical use case is a secretary creating events for their boss. If the boss
> gives the secretary delegation permissions, they can create an event in the
> boss' calendar, as if the boss had added it themselves.

Hm, I do not get this to work with the GUI. I do not try with CalDAV.

If I add only "delegate" perm for the secretary, the sec does neither see
the calendar nor add any events.

If I add "show" and "delegate" perm, the sec may see free/busy information
and can add events in _basic_ mode only, but these events are lost, they
never get saved into the database. I do not get any error or notification.
In dynamic mode, the sec cannot add events to the calendar at all.

If I share "delegate" perm for the secretary and "show" for "Object
Creator", it's the same as above.

If I give "edit", it does not matter, if "delegate" is given, too. In both
cases the newly added event has the sec as event_creator_id.

What's a working configuration for delegate? I use
kronolith                    4.2.5   stable

--
Steffen