[horde] Problem adding contact to address book based on on from: email address

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Apr 19 13:46:45 UTC 2015

Quoting Roman Gelfand <rgelfand2 at gmail.com>:

> My email is ldap based.

Not sure what you mean by this. How is your email ldap based?

> When I right on from: email, does horde attempt to
> add that contact to address book?

Not really. It can log the recipients you send the email to and make
the most common recipients automatically available as a "favorites"
address book, but it doesn't automatically save all out going email
addresses into any arbitrary address book.

> If so, what does it use for name?  Where
> is this configured?  What if I want to add this email to existing contact?

Are you talking about adding the address from an email you *received*?
If so, then yes, you can add this email to your configured default
address book - but it won't allow you to choose an existing contact.