[horde] Setting date and time preferences

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Tue Apr 21 19:55:22 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 21 2015, at 15:37:29 -0300, Mauricio J T Tecles wrote:

> Preferences are set on first login, changing prefs.local.php will afect only new
> users.

Thanks for your reply, but that's very much unlike what I'm
experiencing, with Horde 5 at least. User-specific settings for date
and time related preferences are only saved to a user's prefs if one
actually does set them. If you haven't set any such settings before,
you'll notice how the date of an event in Kronolith is displayed
differently when you chose a different language when logging in, e.g.
MM/DD/YYYY when using "English (US)" and DD-MM-YYYY when using
"Português do Brasil".

Besides, I also deleted all of the test users' prefs from the database
on a regular basis when conducting my tests; it didn't make any
difference.

> So change your preferences using the menu.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have defaults that are sensible for
this specific site. Individual users may of course always alter those
settings to their needs, but that's their own business. What I strive
to have is defaults that 99 % of our users do not have to change as
this is going to reduce the number of requests the helpdesk will have
to cope with.

Jens