[horde] Setting date and time preferences

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Wed Apr 22 16:21:49 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 22 2015, at 17:36:43 +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:

>> So, are you saying is that this is a bug then?

> Yes, this should work.

I found the bug. In my very own config file, that is. :-(

Sorry for the noise. When editing the file back and forth, I somehow
managed to delete the "<?php" line in ...horde/config/prefs.local.php
so that *any* change I made there did not become active. Having that
sorted out, I can now very well make changes to the default value of
"twentyFour". (Changing prefs for Kronolith was not affected by this,
of course, because they go into
...horde/kronolith/config/prefs.local.php which I didn't mess up.)

If you bear with me, could you give me a hint how I could further
improve my "12 hour vs. 24 hour" config by actually using a hook? In
that hook, I would like to set the default value of the "twentyFour"
pref depending on the locale of the currently logged in user. E.g.,
when the locale is "en_US", leave it at false, otherwise, change it to
true. (Or something more sophisticated even, which I could eventually
share with other Horde users who might be interested in this as well.)
How could I go about doing that?

Jens