[horde] Setting date and time preferences

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Fri Apr 24 12:32:59 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 23 2015, at 20:15:04 +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Jens Wahnes <wahnes at uni-koeln.de>:
>> On Thu, Apr 23 2015, at 15:09:57 +0200, Jens Wahnes wrote:
>>> I tried to use
>>>
>>> $currentlocale = $scope_ob->get("language");
>>>
>>> but that doesn't seem to work (there isn't any value set).

> Use $GLOBALS['language'].

Thanks, that makes it a lot easier. Works like a charm now.

However, when testing all of this, I stumbled upon a strange output.
When selecting Greek language on the login screen, the event I used as
a testcase before shows up like this:

http://666kb.com/i/cy252zi8njxcvkdh5.png

Please note that the start time is shown as "07:00 PM", while the end
time is "11:30 µµ". Having this kind of difference with the time-of-day
keywords doesn't really make sense, does it?

When trying to create a new event in Kronolith with Greek locale, there
is similar trouble, that is selecting the start time from the time
selection widget gives an error message. Strangely enough, the error
message in this case tells me to try exactly what I entered before. :-)
http://666kb.com/i/cy253fjuj6ik6oabd.png
Is that a known limitation of Kronolith?

To be fair, it's easy to see that the Greek translation in Horde is,
well, incomplete, so I shouldn't be too suprised that this i18n is not
working with all bells and whistles, but to me, that's still a really
strange effect.

Jens