[horde] Contents of motd.local.php are ignored.

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Fri Apr 24 13:55:16 UTC 2015

ANANT S ATHAVALE:

> Sorry for the trouble.  I got it working.  But, there is certainly a
> difference in behavior from HGWE 5.1.4 to HGWE 5.2.5 (may be older
> was buggy).

would be nice if you could describe the solution/mistake the next time.

As I remember, it was possible to /add/ simply html code to motd.local.php
some versions ago. But now it's necessary to /copy/ motd.php and
/modify/ that skeleton.
It's important to have the php calls ob_start() and ob_get_clean() in
the moth.local.php

motd.local.php
    <?php
    ob_start();
    ?>
    <!-- custom html here -->
    <?php
    $motd = ob_get_clean();

It's a little bit different from other horde configuration files where
users only need to add or overwrite.
Maybe the comment in motd.php could be more precise or include an example.

Andreas