[horde] Cache slowly filling up with driver File

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Sat Apr 25 15:27:14 UTC 2015

I use the filebased cache, which stores data on a tmpfs. Works fine
except for one slight problem, the number of files cached doesn't
stabilize at all, it keeps growing.

Right after cleaning the cache partition, almost all cached files are
listed in the 'horde_cache_gc', so eventually these will be caught
during garbage collection. But I also see the number of files that are
*not* listed growing every day (which as far as I can see, means these
will never be removed).

I see that in many places, no explicit lifetime is set when storing an
entry in the cache (for instance, the information retrieved by the
weather info), so these will never be GC'd as only files with non-zero
lifetime will make it into the 'horde_cache_gc'. Wouldn't it be a
better idea to let *any* file stored in the filebased cache timeout to
prevent them from piling up?