[horde] exist a hook "on_password_change" ?

Erling Preben Hansen erling at eph.dk
Thu Apr 30 22:28:55 UTC 2015

  Citat af "A. Schulze" <sca at andreasschulze.de>:

> Hello,
>
> we build a horde+imp system using horde database to store userdata.
> the MTA has to know about existing users and authenticate them.
> For speed and robustness we won't let the MTA query the horde database.
> Instead we export them. Now we run in trouble if users change passwords.
>
> Are there hooks that we my register to be called if
> - a new horde users is created
> - user change passwords
> - user reset passwords
>
> Otherwise we have to switch our userdb to a ldap system or so.
> That's what I like to avoid for now.
>
> Andreas

Hey
The way I solved this.
I have one database for user login info.
and one horde database
MTA and horde authenticate at the user database.
Horde is set up to change passwd on user database
Horde saves preferences and horde specific data in its own database.

In this setup it is possible to split the databases, Horde and MTA to
various servers.
depending the workload...
Databases can be on one server Horde on a second and MTA on a third.
Or whatever one would prefer as effective.

It is pretty easy to set up queries in horde to change user login.

/erling