[horde] After upgrade, JavaScript detection problem

Michael mine at michi.su
Fri May 1 11:18:10 UTC 2015

On 30.04.2015 19:46, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting Michael <mine at michi.su>:

>>> Hey
>>>
>>> I tried this some time ago....
>>> My memory isn't that good any more but...
>>> Check ownership and permissins in horde_dir.
>>> pear tends to change ownership when upgrading horde.
>>
>> Thanks für the hint Erling. But it did not help.
>> I set the permissions for all files to  644 and directories to 755.
>> And I made shure all files are owned by the Apache user.
>>
>> In the JavaScript Console of my browser I recognized some error messages:
>>
>> When opening the login page, I'm getting
>> "ReferenceError: HordeLogin is not defined login.php:107:0"
>>
>> After login I'm getting:
>> "ReferenceError: HordeCore is not defined portal:363:0"
>>
>> When opening the dialog for adding a new contact I'm getting:
>> "ReferenceError: HordeCore is not defined add.php:2163:0"
>>

>> Does this give any hints what could be wrong?
>
> The core javascript files are definitely not being loaded, which means
> they weren't installed correctly.  Doesn't explain why/how they were
> mis-installed, but that's the problem.

Thanks for that hint. Finally I got it solved. The problem was JS
caching. Horde was using uglifyjs. But out of any reason it did not work
anymore. It always produced empty files in the ../static directory. The
js files in the static dir only contained the included js files as
comments, but no js code.

I just changed to the built-in js caching engine.

Michael