[horde] Ingo and Sieve?

Matthew mw at robotmouse.com
Sun May 3 18:50:27 UTC 2015

On 03/05/15 19:34, Andreas Mauser wrote:
>> I've done this recently, and it worked quite well. You should see a
>> sieve example in your backends.php; I removed all the comments but
>> basically mine is as below.
>>
>> But note there is something strange in Ingo setup; I copied
>> backends.php to backends.local.php and deleted all the other disabled
>> backends, leaving just sieve - but it didn't work - I just see
>> whitelist and blacklist. But if I leave all the disabled ones in, it
>> works! I get full functionality. I didn't bother trying to figure out
>> what triggered it - just left them all in.
>>
>> (Note if you have not yet done so, you may need to get your MTA to
>> deliver mail to Dovecot LMTP instead of directly to the inbox; again,
>> let me know if unsure, having done this also recently!)
>
> When I now create a filter
> From: specific mail address
> Move to: Specific Folder
>
> And the mail comes in... must it not be directly moved to the correct
> folder? This it does not do.

If your Seive appears to be working - you should:
* see on the left: Whitelist / Blacklist / Vacation / Forward / Spam /
Script
* be able to add a new rule

I think this is where you are? If so and it is not working, again you
may need to change your MTA. This isn't really a Horde issue, but:
* Most default MTA setups send the mail directly to the inbox maildir.
So dovecot doesn't know  it's arrived, and can't act on it;
* Instead your MTA must deliver it to Dovecot, and let Dovecot handle
filing (and/or seiving) it

If you are using Exim, I wrote this up at:
https://forum.vestacp.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6151

If you are using Postfix, you will have to adapt it...