[horde] Ingo and Sieve?

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Sun May 3 19:00:03 UTC 2015

Citeren Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:

> ----- Nachricht von Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org> ---------
>   Datum: Sun, 03 May 2015 20:44:13 +0200
>     Von: Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>
> Betreff: Re: [horde] Ingo and Sieve?
>      An: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>> Citeren Matthew <mw at robotmouse.com>:
>>
>>> I've done this recently, and it worked quite well. You should see
>>> a sieve example in your backends.php; I removed all the comments
>>> but basically mine is as below.
>>>
>>> But note there is something strange in Ingo setup; I copied
>>> backends.php to backends.local.php and deleted all the other
>>> disabled backends, leaving just sieve - but it didn't work - I
>>> just see whitelist and blacklist. But if I leave all the disabled
>>> ones in, it works! I get full functionality. I didn't bother
>>> trying to figure out what triggered it - just left them all in.
>>>
>>> (Note if you have not yet done so, you may need to get your MTA to
>>> deliver mail to Dovecot LMTP instead of directly to the inbox;
>>> again, let me know if unsure, having done this also recently!)
>>>
>>> ---
>>>
>>> $backends['sieve'] = array(
>>>   'disabled' => false,
>>>   'transport' => array(
>>>       Ingo::RULE_ALL => array(
>>>           'driver' => 'timsieved',
>>>           'params' => array(
>>>               'hostspec' => 'localhost',
>>>               'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
>>>               'usetls' => true,
>>>               'port' => 4190,
>>>               'scriptname' => 'ingo',
>>>               'debug' => false,
>>>           ),
>>>       ),
>>>   ),
>>>   'script' => array(
>>>       Ingo::RULE_ALL => array(
>>>           'driver' => 'sieve',
>>>           'params' => array(
>>>               'utf8' => false,
>>>            ),
>>>       ),
>>>   ),
>>>   'shares' => false
>>> );
>>
>> The above is wrong in so many ways, that I doubt you've actually
>> read the comments in the backends.php (which is sadly all too
>> common).
>>
>> First, don't use 'array' anywhere in any *.local.php file. See the
>> example in the header. This syntax is mandatory or you risk
>> breaking things when additional values are added in future releases.
>>
>> Second, the 'imap' backend is enabled by default. You must disable
>> it in your backends.local.php, otherwise it will still be used
>> instead of another backend you enable. That's why you only see the
>> white- and blacklist.
>>
>> Third, you should only need to enable a single backend. It is
>> pointless to keep the others in your backends.local.php.
>>
>> Last, all these things have been mentioned countless times on the
>> mailinglists before. Search the archives in case of problems...
>
> I won't try the above because I learned about the new style
> regarding the backend.local files.

> [...]

A couple of things to check:

 From within Ingo, do you see the rule in the list with filters?

If so, is the rule also present in the Sieve script that is generated?

On your system running Dovecot, do you see this script?

Is the local delivery in you MTA configured to use the Dovecot LDA and
does it use it (check logs)?

Last, does Dovecot know which Sieve script to use?