[horde] Reading an e-mail with a TNEF attachment results in a PHP memory exhausted error

Paul Griffith paulg at cse.yorku.ca
Wed May 6 15:32:38 UTC 2015

On 05/06/2015 10:53 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Paul Griffith <paulg at cse.yorku.ca>:
>>
>>> Hi Horde Users,
>>>
>>> I have been trying to debug a issue with a TNEF attachment. The
>>> winmail.dat file is only 563KB in size and PHP is configured with a
>>> 256MB memory limit. When I try to ready the e-mail, I get the error:
>>> "error when communicating with the mail server"  and the following
>>> in the logs.
>>>
>>> [Wed May 06 09:49:23 2015] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xxx] PHP Fatal
>>> error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to
>>> allocate 32 bytes) in /local/horde/pear/php/Horde/ErrorHandler.php
>>> on line 156, referer:
>>> https://xxx.xxx.xxx.ca/imp/dynamic.php?page=mailbox
>>

>> Unfortunately without more information it's hard to say what the
>> issue is. We would need an example .dat file that causes the
>> memory_limit to be reached.
>
> It's actually the error handler that exceeds the memory limit. So
> first try to reproduce this as a non-admin user, then check for the
> real error message.

Here is the error for a non-admin user.

[Wed May 06 11:23:02 2015] [error] [client 130.xx.xx.xx] PHP Fatal
error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 72 bytes) in /local/horde/pear/php/Math/BigInteger.php on line
1078, referer: https://xx.xx.xx.ca/imp/dynamic.php?page=mailbox

I am waiting for the user to give me permission to send you the attachment.

Thank You
Paul