[horde] Links to Ingo (Forward, Vacation) in top menu bar

Vilius Sumskas/LNK vilius at lnk.lt
Thu May 21 21:33:33 UTC 2015

> > in

> > is

> > these

> > from
> > accordingly.

"horde-translation"
> > results

> >> No.
> I thought so.

> >> What do you mean?
> >
> > I think he means what happens to the translation after Horde update -
> > translations are updated obviously, so your changes will be lost.
> Yes, correct.
> >
> > I don't know gettext enough but it should be possible to have a
separate
> > .mo file in the same category as horde.mo is and then load it in your
> > .local.php files.
> >
> > For example:
> >
> > LC_MESSAGES/
> >      horde.mo
> >      local.mo
> >
> > Then in local.php file use something like this:
> >
> > 'name' => dgettext('local', "Your String");
> >
> > Of course you have to use your own gettext tools to create such
.po/.mo
> > file. There are dozen of them on the web.
> >
> > That's probably an overkill for two strings though.
> >
> This approach sounds good, but as you say, right now it's to time
> expensive.
> It would have been nice if the horde translation script would
> automatically search the *.local.php files and create such split for the

> language files. But that's probably a feature not often used.

horde-translation was created to help create official Horde translations.
As .local.php files contain local modifications the script was
specifically designed to ignore them.

> I will use a short script after an update, which inserts my changes to
> the registry.php and runs the horde-translation commands.
>
> I used the following commands to create the German translation.
>
> horde-translation update -l de
> horde-translation make -l de
>
> The results are fine without further actions.
>
> Now I thought I could do the same for other languages. For example fr
> (horde-translation update -l fr)
> The result is I, now have the German translations in the French language

> files.
> What's my mistake?

You probably need to delete compendium.po every time you run a translation
update.

Anyway, if I were you I wuold just use something like POEdit once and
forget about it. Or use msggrep/msgmerge directly from the command line to
create local.po/local.mo file.

--
   Vilius