[horde] New Install - Cannot autoload Horde Core libraries

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Sun Jun 28 14:37:22 UTC 2015

On 06/28/2015 10:19 AM, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting L. D. James <ljames at apollo3.com>:

>>> Things to check:
>>>
>>> Have you installed the Horde/Horde_Role package and run the role
>>> script?
>>>
>>> Check that your php include_path includes the path that the horde
>>> libraries were installed to (you can check what this path is if you
>>> don't know by using pear config-show
>>
>> Thanks, Michael.  I ran the pear prerequisites from the documentation
>> (channel-discover pear.horde.org; install horde/horde_role;
>> run-scripts horde/horde_role).  I see the problem from your
>> "config-show" suggestion.  I'm sure the main culprit is the missing
>> path for the php.ini.
>>
>> This is my current output from the command:
>> config-show
>> CONFIGURATION (CHANNEL PEAR.PHP.NET):
>> =====================================
>> Auto-discover new Channels     auto_discover    <not set>
>> Default Channel                default_channel  pear.php.net
>> HTTP Proxy Server Address      http_proxy       <not set>
>> PEAR server [DEPRECATED]       master_server    pear.php.net
>> Default Channel Mirror         preferred_mirror pear.php.net
>> Remote Configuration File      remote_config    <not set>
>> PEAR executables directory     bin_dir /opt/pear/local/pear
>> PEAR documentation directory   doc_dir /opt/pear/local/pear/docs
>> PHP extension directory        ext_dir /opt/pear/local/pear/ext
>> Base Horde directory           horde_dir        /var/www/horde
>> PEAR directory                 php_dir /opt/pear/local/pear/php
>> PEAR Installer cache directory cache_dir /opt/pear/local/pear/cache
>> PEAR configuration file        cfg_dir /opt/pear/local/pear/cfg
>> directory
>> PEAR data directory            data_dir /opt/pear/local/pear/data
>> PEAR Installer download        download_dir
>> /opt/pear/local/pear/download
>> directory
>> PHP CLI/CGI binary             php_bin          /usr/bin/php
>> php.ini location               php_ini /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
>> --program-prefix passed to     php_prefix       <not set>
>> PHP's ./configure
>> --program-suffix passed to     php_suffix       <not set>
>> PHP's ./configure
>> PEAR Installer temp directory  temp_dir /opt/pear/local/pear/temp
>> PEAR test directory            test_dir /opt/pear/local/pear/tests
>> PEAR www files directory       www_dir /opt/pear/local/pear/www
>> Cache TimeToLive               cache_ttl        3600
>> Preferred Package State        preferred_state  stable
>> Unix file mask                 umask            2
>> Debug Log Level                verbose          1
>> PEAR password (for             password         <not set>
>> maintainers)
>> Signature Handling Program     sig_bin          /usr/bin/gpg
>> Signature Key Directory        sig_keydir       /etc/pearkeys
>> Signature Key Id               sig_keyid        <not set>
>> Package Signature Type         sig_type         gpg
> [...]

Thanks, Michael.  I had assumed that.  I was very careful not to use the
system pear.  I thought this would happen by following the steps in
section 3.2 Installing into a separate PEAR.

In order to make sure that I didn't make a mistake and run the wrong
pear, I made a script called "mypear" which I used for performing all
the commands.  The script is:

-----------------------------------
#!/bin/bash

# /var/www/horde/pear/pear -c /var/www/horde/pear.conf $*
/opt/pear/local/pear/pear -c /opt/pear/local/pear.conf $*
-----------------------------------

The commented out command is from one of the other fresh installs (in a
different location).  I don't know where the /usr/share/php/www/horde
comes from

I'll clean out this new install and try it some more, being as careful
as possible to keep everything separate.  If you have any suggestions of
something that might be missing from section 3.2 to keep the install
separate, I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

-- L. James

--