[horde] New Install - Cannot autoload Horde Core libraries

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Thu Jul 2 02:43:19 UTC 2015

On 07/01/2015 10:21 PM, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting L. D. James <ljames at apollo3.com>:

>>> /var/www/horde
>>> /opt/pear/local/pear/php
>>> /usr/bin/php
>>> /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
>>> /opt/pear/local/pear/tests

>>> the

>>> Hey
>>>
>>> For those using ubuntu 14.04 server...
>>> The new defaults for pear is to set permissions to root:root 750 on all
>>> pear directories and 640 on files.
>>> This will prevent the webserver from accessing pear files.
>>> The fix is to change pear umask to 0022 so that "others" or "world" get
>>> read access to pear.
>>> This is a change from 12.04 to 14.04.
>>> I have to go through my notes to remember exactly what i did to get it
>>> working.
>>>
>>> Further more:
>>> Ubuntu had some pear unpacking trouble. I don't know if this is
>>> solved yet.
>>> I had to use the pear -Z switch to get everything to install and update
>>> properly.
>>> So "pear install -Z -a -B something" is the safe way to do it.
>>>
>>> /erling
>>
>> Thanks, Erling.  I have performed a bunch of more installs taking in
>> all the suggestions given and being very careful to use a different
>> location for both the pear and horde each time.
>>
>> I finally got past the initial "Cannot autoload Horde Core
>> libraries".  Now I'm get this screen (when I run test.php).
>>
>> current error from test.php:
>> Could not find Horde's framework libraries in the following path(s):
>> /opt/horde/horde/lib:/opt/horde/horde. Please read horde/docs/INSTALL
>> for information on how to install these libraries.
>>
>> Since I have a working installation on another machine, I'm sure I
>> can fix the path problem if I knew what to look for as far the names
>> of the libraries.
>>
>> Can you give me names of some of the libraries that I would find in
>> the "Horde's framework libraries" directory?
>>
>> By the way, this time I installed horde in /opt/horde/horde.
>

> pear config-show -c horde
>
> The "php_dir" is where the libraries should be.

Thank you Michael.  The new install is working now!  It turns out, that
I had to put that directory into the php.ini include_path directive.  I
don't know why I didn't have to in the other Ubuntu install.  But I
believe I have the Ubuntu fresh install workable.

Hope this thread and the ultimate resolution will benefit other Ubuntu
users having problems with the installation.

Have a nice day!

-- L. James

--
L. D. James