[horde] Horde secure ldap intermittently fails on remote server.

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Fri Jul 3 07:02:13 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2 Jul 2015, Daniel Carrasco Marín wrote:

> I've configured another local server with horde and works fine with ldaps
> then i don't know what can be the problem.
>
> Se ha producido un error irreparable
>

>     Unable to start TLS and unable to fetch rootDSE entry to see if
>     TLS is supported: Can't contact LDAP server Parameters: Base:
>     Filter: (objectClass=*) Scope: base
>
> Another problem is that I can't use the 636 port for secure connections.
> Horde fails if i try to use that port instead the normal ldap port (389).
>
> PDTA: I've another VM on same remote machine using ldaps too and works fine
> (owncloud). Even using the 636 port.

try the standard network connection problem stuff first:

+ telnet ldap-server 389
+ telnet ldap-server 636
+ openssl s_client -connect ldap-server:636
+ ldapsearch -x -ZZ -H ldaps://djdjdjd/ -b 'base DN'

"Can't contact LDAP server" sounds like a connection problem, esp. if you
say one server can connect to port 636 and yours can't.

However, make sure you the proper CA installed, too.

--
Steffen