[horde] Failed installation

Alexandra Heidsieck aheidsieck at tum.de
Fri Jul 3 08:42:19 UTC 2015

 tried to install unsuccessfully Horde today. I have no experience with
pear and it's been a long time since I had to struggle with configure
scripts, so maybe someone could help me out please.

When executing 'pear install horde/horde_role', I received a few errors
like:

    Failed to download pecl/sasl within preferred state "stable", latest
release is version 0.1.0, stability "alpha", use
"channel://pecl.php.net/sasl-0.1.0" to install

Most of them I was able to resolve by installing the package from the
suggested channel. However, the sasl package gives me a headache. When
installing directly with pear I get:

    running: phpize
    Cannot find config.m4.
    Make sure that you run '/usr/bin/phpize' in the top level source
directory of the module
    ERROR: `phpize' failed

However, php5-dev is installed and phpize is present (/usr/bin/phpize).
So, after some googling, I tried to install the package by hand:

    pear download channel://pecl.php.net/sasl-0.1.0
    (tar, cd, etc)
    ./configure

and run into the error:

    configure: error: Please specify path to SASL installation

So, I'm guessing it wants the path to libsasl2. However, if I try

    ./configure --with-sasl=/usr/lib/sasl2

I only get

    configure: error: Failed to locate a compatible SASL library in
/usr/lib/sasl2/lib

Did I specify the wrong library or where did I go wrong?