[horde] Passwd module

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Mon Jul 6 13:09:21 UTC 2015

On 07/06/2015 02:51 AM, Martin S wrote:
> I've been trying to get the passwd function to work properly. I've set the SQL
> connection method in config/backends.local.php but when I try to access the
> function I get
>
> No backend configured for this host
>
> 1. Passwd_Basic->__construct() /var/www/html/webmail/passwd/index.php:20
> 2. Passwd_Factory_Driver->__get()
> /var/www/html/webmail/passwd/lib/Basic.php:65
> 3. Passwd_Factory_Driver->_loadBackends()
> /var/www/html/webmail/passwd/lib/Factory/Driver.php:47
>
> I haven't dared fiddling with the default backends.php file (it says you
> shouldn't).
>
> Not sure if this: http://dokuwiki.nausch.org/doku.php/centos:mail_c6:horde_9
> Would provide a solution (my German is extremely rusty).
> Any suggestions?
>
> /Martin S

We use an LDAP backend for authentication.  I set up our
backends.local.php this way.  FWIW our web servers talk to LDAP over a
local private network, so we set tls => false.

Based on your error message, are you sure you set 'disabled' => false in
your config?

$backends['ldap'] = array(
     'disabled' => false,
     'driver' => 'ldap',
     'logout' => true,
     'name' => 'FanMailPlus',
     'params' => array(
         'host' => 'myLDAP.hostname.domain',
         'port' => 389,
         'basedn' => 'ou=addresses,o=antespam.com',
         // LDAP object key attribute.
         'uid' => 'uid',
         // The attribute storing the password.
         'attribute' => 'userPassword',
         // These attributes will enable shadow password policies.
         // 'shadowlastchange' => 'shadowLastChange',
         // 'shadowmin' => 'shadowMin',
         // This will be appended to the username when looking for the
userdn.
         'realm' => '',
         // Use this filter when searching for the user's DN.
         'filter' => '',
         // Hash method to use when storing the password
         'encryption' => 'plain',
         // Whether to enable TLS for this LDAP connection
         // Note: make sure that the host matches cn in the server
certificate.
         'tls' => false,
         // Determine the user's DN. %u will be replaced by the user's ID.
         'userdn' => 'uid=%u,ou=addresses,o=antespam.com'
     ),
     'policy' => array(
         'minLength' => 8,
         'maxLength' => 128,