[horde] imp signature doesn't work

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Thu Jul 16 11:09:13 UTC 2015

On Do, Jul 16 2015, at 12:14:58 +0200, Jens Hellermann wrote:

> It says in the prefs.php: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE! DO NOT COPY prefs.php
> TO prefs.local.php!
>  * Local overrides ONLY MUST be placed in prefs.local.php or prefs.d/.
>
> So as I don't have vhost configuration set up yet, I created the new
> file prefs.local.php and _only_ put these lines in:

That's right.  Changes you make should to go prefs.local.php only. It's
like that for almost all changes you make in Horde, they should always
go to the respective ".local.php" files.  The only exception are hooks.
Those are to be put directly into hooks.php, not hooks.local.php
(examples for hooks can be found in hooks.php.dist).

>> // Show signature on compose screen?
>> $_prefs['signature_show_compose'] = array(
>>     'value' => 1,
>>     'type' => 'checkbox',
>>     'desc' => _("Show the signature on the compose screen?")

> Didn't work. Changing the prefs.php directly works fine. Am I taking the
> wrong aproach here?

What you are mentioning are the definitions of the preferences arrays
from prefs.php.  Do not copy those to prefs.local.php.  Instead, carry
out changes by overwriting the values.  Your prefs.local.php file
should look like this:

<?php

$_prefs['signature_show_compose']['value'] = 1;

That is, the first line of prefs.local.php needs to start with "<?php"
(similar to prefs.php which starts with "<?php" as well, but that's
about all prefs.php and prefs.local.php have got in common).

Please also note that changes for settings in IMP need to go into
.../imp/config/prefs.local.php (there is a separate mailing list for
IMP so you may want to ask questions specific to IMP there).

Jens