[horde] Authentication guidance required.

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Sat Jul 18 13:18:54 UTC 2015

Dear List,

Just moved authentication from IMP application to Horde-LDAP
authentication.  Everything is working fine and I am authenticating
with $conf[auth][params][uid]=uid.  My mailboxes are in Cyrus IMAP
with matching mailbox name (user.uid).

I have a new requirement to be met.

I also have an attribute attached with every user ldap entry, namely
staffnumber and I need to give users to login using their staffnumber,
but, it should display their original mailbox (uid).

For this, I can change the $conf[auth][params][uid] to 'staffnumber'.
But, if I change this, it may not be able to open the mailbox as the
username passed is value for 'staffnumber' and not 'uid' and there is
no mailbox with 'user.staffnumber' and also all the preferences are
stored in the name of uid and it may not be able to get any of the
already stored preferences.

Can this requirement be met with existing Horde application?

--
      सादर धन्यवाद/ Thanks & Regards
           अनंत / Anant