[horde] Activesync Webmail configuration in lighttpd

Jens Hellermann hellermann at we-do.com
Mon Jul 20 10:52:37 UTC 2015

Am 17.07.2015 um 16:05 schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Jens Hellermann <hellermann at we-do.com>:

>>> Make sure that there are not other alias.url entries loaded by
>>> lighttpd AFTER this statement. Likewise, any alias.url statements
>>> before this one will be overwritten. Either combine them all into
>>> one statement or use lightty's "+=" syntax to append them. E.g.:
>>>
>>> alias.url += ("/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync" =>
>>> "/var/www/horde/rpc.php")
>>>
>>> Also, make sure that (if needed) you are doing this for the correct
>>> host. I.e., If you serve multiple hosts/domains and only
>>> mail.example.com should answer ActiveSync requests then these need
>>> to go in an appropriate block as so:
>>>
>>> $HTTP["host"] =~ "^mail\.example\.com$" {
>>>
>>>   //
>>>
>>> }
>>>
>>> Hello Mike, there are no other aliases defined yet. Also I'm not in
>>> a multiple host configuration. But I believe I have to go deeper
>>> into that lighttpd configuration on monday.
>>     Also I found another strange behaviour concerning activesync
>> logging. I defined logging in a single file in an extra directory I
>> created, set the permissions right (and the ownership to the file).
>> But this log is always totally empty. Shouldn't be there some small
>> entries at last, e.g. from restarting the server?
>
> The log should contain all information regarding the communication
> between the client and server for the ActiveSync request (though
> nothing about the server itself). Did you configure the full path to
> the file in the activesync config? Are you sure the webserver has
> access to the directory itself? You shouldn't need to create the file
> first, just give Horde the name of it and it will be created for you.
Hello Mike, I gave it a second try and just entered the path to the
logfile like: /var/log/activesync.log and ensureds that /var/log can be
accessed. Still there is no file with the name activesync.log created
after restarting lighttpd.

Maybe it is really because no client-side connection ever was
established. I'm sure now, that there is something wrong with my
lighttpd.conf. First I tried the following:
I'm really sorry, I know it is annoying to crawl through a beginners
config work, but I really need help on this. I'd so much like to gain
some progress on this.

server.modules = (
         "mod_access",
         "mod_alias",
         "mod_compress",
         "mod_redirect",
        #"mod_rewrite",
        )

# so first I created a default folder so the root is not directly in var/www
server.document-root        = "/var/www/default"
server.upload-dirs          = ( "/var/cache/lighttpd/uploads" )
server.errorlog             = "/var/log/lighttpd/error.log"
server.pid-file             = "/var/run/lighttpd.pid"
server.username             = "www-data"
server.groupname            = "www-data"
server.port                 = 80

# here comes the host config, it doesn't work at all, when I enter
"https://horde.my-domain.com" in my browser I get a 404, also with alias
/config. With /horde or /webmin it works. So DNS is OK.

$HTTP["host"] == "horde.my-domain.com$" {
   server.document-root = "/var/www/horde/"
   alias.url += ( "/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync" =>
"/var/www/horde/rpc.php" )

# Here an extra alias, folder /webmin/ contains the original
configuration site from turnkeylinux, webmin, phpadmin and so on
   alias.url += ( "/config" => "/var/www/webmin/index.php" )
}

index-file.names            = ( "index.php", "index.html",
"index.lighttpd.html" )
url.access-deny             = ( "~", ".inc" )
static-file.exclude-extensions = ( ".php", ".pl", ".fcgi" )

compress.cache-dir          = "/var/cache/lighttpd/compress/"
compress.filetype           = ( "application/javascript", "text/css",
"text/html", "text/p$

# default listening port for IPv6 falls back to the IPv4 port
include_shell "/usr/share/lighttpd/use-ipv6.pl " + server.port
include_shell "/usr/share/lighttpd/create-mime.assign.pl"
include_shell "/usr/share/lighttpd/include-conf-enabled.pl"

  With kind regards, Jens.