[horde] Outlook 2013 only syncs standard calendar

Jens Hellermann hellermann at we-do.com
Tue Jul 28 10:42:32 UTC 2015

Am 28.07.2015 um 10:49 schrieb Jens Hellermann:

>> Quoting Jens Hellermann <hellermann at we-do.com>:
>>
>>> Dear horde list members,
>>>
>>> I'm really glad I can sync outlook via activesync to horde webmail
>>> 5.2.7. But now I'm starting to experiment with the calendars, as
>>> this was the actuall topic my other groupware let me down on.
>>>
>>> I already discovered that there are special sync options for extra
>>> calendars, but outlook always just shows the standard calendar.
>>> (also after restart or syncing  the hole account from scratch).
>>>
>>> I can hook up to a second calendar via add internet calendar (.ics)
>>> but this is read only. So that way several calendars can only be
>>> managed via the web interface.
>>>
>>> But I'd like the assistance of hour ceo to maintain his calendar
>>> aswell as calendars for conference room, illness or holiday.
>>>
>>> Has someone got a funtional workaround for that in Outlook?
>>
>> Outlook DOES support multiple calendars (though it doesn't support
>> multiple address books) via ActiveSync. You need:
>>
>> 1) Enable multiple calendars in Kronolith's preference.
>> 2) Make sure the calendars you want are selected in the
>> synchronization preferences.
>> 3) The calendars MUST be writable by the user trying to synchronize
>> them.
>>

>> Hey there, thank you very much for your answer. It seems the
>> writeable option was the point that wasn't quite clear. But now I
>> have a different problem, during calender import I don't want any
>> inventations to be send out again. Is there a way to block this
>> totally during import time?

Update! The internal import in Horde Webmail seemed extremely slow, but
it doesn't send invetations. I used Thunderbird for importing, which
triggered the invetations to be send. Is there any way to speed the
import funtionality up? Should I maybe check on caching settings? I
still had problems caching in the filesystem. I believe it was just a
permission problem. Kind regards, Jens.