[horde] adress book dont exist

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Aug 8 13:59:19 UTC 2015

Quoting Ralf <ralf at scherber-privat.de>:

> Hi,
> my Plesk (v.12.0.18 of Ubuntu14.04.2 LTS) has made self-acting an
> upgrade from horde webmail 5.2.1 to 5.2.9 (the horde logo shows 5.2.6)
>
> - on start I get the message: "Das Adressbuch xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> existiert nicht." (dont exist)
>    the standart adressbook is available but:
> - in all contacs: name = "leerer Name" (empty name)
> - there no entrys in my calendar and in notices
> - the language are 50% english and 50% german
>
> can I repair this?

> I have restore an server backup, without success.

What have you restored? The database? The entire horde install back to
5.2.1? Both?

Before anything drastic, try clearing all server side cache and
session files, and browser cookies. Make sure you also clear the
autoloader cache (if installed).

> I think now its time to install horde groupware in a different
> folder, manually without plesk. Can I transfer the (hopefully
> restored) settings and contents in the new installation?

This is probably a great idea, though it's hard to say if the database
is corrupt or not based only on your information. I'm also not 100%
sure if plesk does anything to alter the database schemas etc...

If you do this and it works out, don't forget to also migrate any
on-disk VFS data as well.

--
mike
The Horde Project