[horde] "Event edited" spamming from Kronolith

Bjoern Voigt bjoernv at arcor.de
Mon Aug 10 11:49:45 UTC 2015

Michael J Rubinsky wrote.

> Quoting Bjoern Voigt <bjoernv at arcor.de>:
>
>> I configured Kronolith so, that I get notified about all changed
>> events.
>>
>> The problem is, that I get 10 mails with subject "Event edited:" for
>> only one event in 2 minutes. After some hours without mails, I get
>> another bunch of 10 mails.
>>
>> After looking in the logs (Horde, Active Sync, MySQL Binlog), I
>> found, that Horde Active Sync processing occurs in the affected
>> period. An Android 5.0.2 phone is synchronizing.
>>
>> A row in table kronolith_events is slightly changed. The value of
>> column event_modified is incremented.
>>
>> There is probably a bug in Kronolith, which causes event
>> notifications if no important data is changed during Horde Active
>> Sync processing.
>
> Well, no. There is no "important" vs "unimportant" data changes.
> If this is indeed due to ActiveSync, it sounds like it might be
> sending the same change again and again. Please check the Horde
> log and the ActiveSync sync log.
I analyzed the Active Sync log files and found that the pseudo
changes (nothing really changed except the change counter) came from
an Android app called "Outlook for iOS and Android 1.0" (see
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook).
After uninstalling the app the problem seems to be solved.

So, probably there is an incompatibility between "Outlook for iOS
and Android 1.0" and Horde 5.2.

Greetings,
Björn