[horde] How to add IMP (webmail) to groupware installation

Stefan Suurmeijer stefan at raptorweb.nl
Thu Aug 27 10:18:58 UTC 2015

  Hi Jan,

> Zitat von Stefan Suurmeijer <stefan at raptorweb.nl>:
>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> check, that worked. Thanks
>> Next time I'll read the site better. The new version does look awesome
>> though
>>
>> KR
>> Stefan

>>> Just install IMP normally, using the same pear used to install the
>>> groupware bundle:
>>>
>>> pear install horde/imp
>>>
>>> ...or to install with all non-binary optional dependencies:
>>>
>>> pear install -a -B horde/imp
>>>
>>> Note that you will need to configure IMP manually via the
>>> administrative interface as well as make sure that
>>> imp/config/backends[.local].php is configured correctly for your
>>> environment.
>
> For the record, the correct way to change from Groupware to Groupware WE
> is to run:
>
> pear uninstall horde/groupware
> pear install -a [-B] horde/webmail
>
> You can still run this now without any data loss.

Ok, but would that differ in any way from what I've done now? Just add IMP
and configure manually? Or will I get in trouble with upgrades this way?
I assume I would lose any configuration changes I've made once I do a pear
uninstall horde/groupware?

On a completely unrelated subject (since you are one of the developers I
assume): are you aware that it's no longer possible to use weatheronline
for weather services since they've updated their API to version 2 and horde
calls API version 1?

Kind regards,
Stefan
Stefan Suurmeijer
Raptor Network & Web solutions
Dolomietstraat 46
NL-9743 VB Groningen, The Netherlands
tel: (+31) 50 363 9215 / (+31) 6 52 067 168 (cell)
E-mail: stefan at raptorweb.nl

PGP fingerprint: 8D83 B600 0555 7E15 DD0A  778C 9773 1A6F 156A ABE1

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain

I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we
can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road - Stephen
Hawking