[horde] Sharing user information between hooks

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Thu Oct 8 11:37:00 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 05 2015, at 15:02:24 +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>> Quoting Jens Wahnes <wahnes at uni-koeln.de>:
>>> BTW, another thing I noticed with the last "pear upgrade" is that the
>>> .../imp/config/hooks.php file gets overwritten.  This applies to IMP's
>>> hooks.php only - it does not happen with Horde's hooks
>>> (.../config/hooks.php).  Is that on purpose or is it a bug?

>> I don't see how this would be possible. From PEAR's point of view,
>> there is no hooks.php file - only hooks.php.dist.

> No, this happens indeed if using Horde Groupware, because it ships with a
> preconfigured hooks.php.

So, what's the right way to do it, then?  I tried moving the hooks to
.../imp/config/hooks.local.php so that they won't be overwritten upon
update, but then hooks.php is automatically recreated which leads to
the error that the class IMP_Hooks cannot be redeclared (as it is
present in both the automatically installed hooks.php and the
self-written hooks.local.php).

Jens