[horde] Freebusy URL

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Oct 25 23:29:11 UTC 2015

Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On 24 Oct 2015 7:08 pm, "Michael J Rubinsky" <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:
>>

>> Quoting Bjoern Voigt <bjoernv at arcor.de>:

>>> I wonder why I have to specify freebusy URLs also for contacts on
>>> the local Horde installation.
>>

>> Because Kronolith can't assume that all attendees are local Horde users,
> or even if they are, that Horde is the authoritative source of their FB
> info.
>
> Hi Mike.  From a product perspective, horde should assume that where a user
> is local (does the email exist in the user db?) that it is authoritative.
> If it's not, that can still be changed but from a SME perspective this a
> negative issue.  It's almost like you don't believe in your own product.

No, we believe in making our produce the most flexible. Assuming this
is the case takes away that flexibility, not to mention it increases
the complexity of the code. Also, it's not always the case that a user
email address is query-able in the "user database".

For Horde 6, I can maybe see adding some configuration in Turba that
allows specifying certain address books to have the freebusyurl field
auto-generated. Most likely implemented via a hook or a new type of
field definition in backends.php.

--
mike
The Horde Project