[horde] Crowfunding the port of IMP to latest ckeditor?

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Mon Nov 9 16:59:31 UTC 2015

On 11/08/2015 12:07 PM, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Mathieu Parent <math.parent at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 11/10/2014 10:46 AM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>> [...]
>>> IMP uses the Ckeditor 3.x javascript API.  Ckeditor's 4.x javascript API
>>> is completely different.
>>>
>>> Using Ckeditor 4.x will only be possible when all of IMP's javascript
>>> code interfacing with Ckeditor is rewritten.
>>>
>>> michael
>> Ref:
>> http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20141110/052934.html
>>
>> Is there any plan to port IMP to ckeditor 4 or upcoming 5? Can you
>> estimate the amount of work required? Can it be crowfunded?
>>
>> NB: Part of the ckeditor 4 API will be available in ckeditor 5:
>> https://medium.com/content-uneditable/ckeditor-5-the-future-of-rich-text-editing-2b9300f9df2c#2b4d
>>

>> Regards
>> --
>> Mathieu Parent
>> --
>
> We definitely need to update to support at least 4.5.2 since this is
> needed to support the MS Edge browser. This would have to be done as
> part of IMP 7/Horde 6. However, we are extremely short on developer time
> at the moment so don't really even have an estimate of what this would
> require. Sponsoring/crowd funding would definitely help make this happen
> though.

FWIW, we would contribute.

--
Andy Dorman

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the named person's use only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
erroneous transmission. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately destroy it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.