[horde] Migrating Database from horde3 to horde5

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Nov 17 17:01:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

Quoting Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu>:

> ab> Hello List!  We are trying to migrate our old Horde3 (3.3.12)
> ab> Installation to horde5.  I setup a new Debian Jessie Server for
> ab> horde5.
>
> I've recently had to do this as well; we're using mysql and Fedora 22
> but the procedure should be mostly the same, I'd think.
>
> As I understand things, there's a nice migration setup but it only works
> for when you're already at Horde 4.  To get to the place where you can
> run the migration script, you need to run some SQL bits manually, and
> some of those I had to dig out of old sources.
>
> I have this all scripted so I can redo things from a fresh copy of the
> old database which we snapshot every 15 minutes (as the old machine is
> still in production).
>
> I can give you a tarball of what I have, if you would like.

for our migration we had to tweak some of the migration scripts an add some
additional steps.

Following is a list of additional steps and tweaks we did.

1. own script to fix encoding (ISO-8859 -> UTF8) in serialized data
2. imp horde_history upgrade (running an update with regexp_replace
was much faster than
iterating over all rows in php and updating them one by one)
3. the text to bytea conversion
4. deleting events with start date 1000 years ago (some users managed
to create such reoccurring events)
5. in 3_horde_history_add_modseq.php we did not set the default=0 for
history_modseq at the beginnig
    of the script. We added that option only after we hat set the
history_modseq for all rows so that we
    hat not to do it twice.
6. we did parallelize horde-db-migrate

if you need more details i can send you my scripts

regards

    Michael