[horde] Migrating Database from horde3 to horde5

almut bertha almutb at mur.at
Fri Nov 20 13:08:17 UTC 2015

Hello,

>> So what i did now:
>> 1. dump the original database and convert the encoding to utf8 with
> iconv
>> 2. then dump the database back in a new database being already utf8
>> 3. then do the text to bytea conversion
>> 4. and finally run the horde-db-migrate script from command line three
>> times.
>>
>> i just did the whole proces a second time and it went smoothly!
>
> If you have converted your database from latin1 (or whatever) to UTF-8,
> you still need to find a way to convert serialized data in the database.
> At least some Horde preferences comes to my mind.

...i was not expecting that i had to convert the serialized data
myself... So thank you for reminding me...

but i do not know yet how i should do that, so may i come back to
michaels offer to send me his scripts? That would be great and help a lot.
Or is it better to post the one with the conversion of serialized data here?

thanks again,
almut