[horde] Migrating Database from horde3 to horde5

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Nov 20 16:50:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

Quoting Vilius Sumskas/LNK <vilius at lnk.lt>:

>> > iconv
> three

>> > If you have converted your database from latin1 (or whatever) to
> UTF-8,
>> > you still need to find a way to convert serialized data in the
> database.
>> > At least some Horde preferences comes to my mind.
>> >

>> ...i was not expecting that i had to convert the serialized data
>> myself... So thank you for reminding me...
>>
>> but i do not know yet how i should do that, so may i come back to
>> michaels offer to send me his scripts? That would be great and help a
> lot.
>> Or is it better to post the one with the conversion of serialized data
> here?
>
> If he agrees to share it, it would be best to do this on Horde wiki.

My first attempt to create the wiki page, where I tried to explain why
it is needed, and
how to convert serialized data to utf-8 failed, and I lost the text.
So for now there
is only a short info text and the script.

http://wiki.horde.org/ConvertSerializedDataToUTF8

I will try to update the page next week. Ask if there are any questions.

Regards

    Michael

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen