[horde] ActiveSync: Contacs disappear after initial sync

Robert Müller tastenmann at chorwurm.de
Sat Nov 21 01:44:21 UTC 2015

Hello list members,
I'm experiencing a problem I've seen discussed on this list before, but was never really solved.
A week ago, I got myself a Nexus 5 phone, installed the latest Android updates on it (running on Android 6.0 Patchlevel November 1). This phone is
going to replace my Galaxy Nexus which is currently running with Cyanogenmod 11.

On the Galaxy Nexus, I'm using ActiveSync to synchronize Contacts and Calendar entries from a Horde account. While this works fine on the Galaxy Nexus
(most of the time), I'm just unable to get it working with the Nexus 5. What happens when I set up the account on the Nexus 5 is:
Contacts and Calendar start syncing. I can see the contacts appear in the Contacts app in small bulks (around 10 at a time). As soon as everything is
synced, the contacts just vanish. Sometimes, they sync a second time (without me doing anything) directly after disappering, only to disappear again
when the sync is done. After that, it stays like that until I trigger a new sync. When I do that, contacts appear again and vanish again after the sync.

At first I thought it might be the data in the Horde account, that perhaps one of the entries that get synced last somehow disturb the phone. So, I
created a test account. Just one contact (Name, phone number, nothing else) and one email in the inbox. I set up this account (after removing the
other one) on both phones. On the Galaxy Nexus, the contact stays in the contact list, while on the Nexus 5, it appears, vanishes, appears and
vanishes again.

I've created logfiles for both phones when syncing to that account in the hope someone finds out whats going wrong here. They can be found attached to
this email.

I'm running Horde Webmail Edition 5.2.11 with Turba 4.2.11, kronolith 4.2.11, imp 6.2.11 and core version 5.2.8.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,
   Robert