[horde] IMP: E-Mail signatures in mobile view?

Bjoern Voigt bjoernv at arcor.de
Sat Nov 28 21:45:23 UTC 2015

Jens Wahnes wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 28 2015, at 00:29:39 +0100, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
>
>> Jens Wahnes wrote:
>>> That's very much unlike what I'm seeing.  You can't modify the
>>> signature in smartmobile view, since the prefs cannot be changed, but
>>> if you sent an email using a identity that has got a signature set, all
>>> is fine.  I'd have to admit that I don't use smartmobile view very
>>> often, though.
>> Yes, but unfortunately the configured signature of an identity will
>> not be attached, if I use the "Mobile (smartphone/tablet)" view.
> Just to make sure we're on the same page: You're talking about the mail
> as the recipient sees it, right?  In smartmobile mode, the signature is
> not shown when composing the mail (regardless of the
> signature_show_compose preference), but it is appended to the mail as
> soon as it is actually sent.
Yes, we are talking about the E-Mail as the recipient sees it. In my
tests the recipient doesn't get the E-Mail signature when using
smartmobile "Mobile (smartphone/tablet)" mode. He gets the E-Mail
signature when I use the desktop mode ("dynamic mode"). But Samuel
confirms that the signature is working in "Mobile
(smartphone/tablet)" mode. I use latest Horde/IMP setup (Horde 5.2).

Now I found out, what's going on here:

In my identities I configured the HTML signature and the (text)
signature was empty. Horde/IMP can only use the text signature in
"Mobile (smartphone/tablet)" mode.

Greetings,
Björn