[horde] S/MIME

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Sun Dec 13 11:34:48 UTC 2015

Ralph Ballier:

> if I open a S/MIME signed mail, I get the message:
>
> "Message verified successfully but the signer's certificate could not be
> verified."

The verification happen on the horde server, not in your browser.
You have to decide which Root-CA your horde server trust an manage
them to appear in /etc/ssl/certs.

Usually that's the content of /etc/ssl/certs. Depending on your
(linux?) distribution
this bundle in /etc/ssl/certs is similar to the browsers trust store.

@Horde Developers:
The message above don't answer the Question "Which CA signed the certificate?"
Would it be possible to include that piece of information?

Andreas