[horde] Performance over SSL

Jānis je at ktf.rtu.lv
Sat Jan 9 17:27:33 UTC 2016

Hi!

May I ask for some hint where to look for performance bottlenecks
using Horde over ssl?

I have four almost identical installations, three of which, some quite
large for the local scale, are working well even on quite weak
hardware/thin line, but fourth is having serious performance issues.

There is no sign of processor performance issues, ISP line is
symmetric 100 mbit, but opening of the first page as well as switching
among apps takes around 15 sec.

At the very beginning I blamed apache 2.2/openssl 0.9.8 and
performance penalty for using weak ssl certificates, but nothing
improved after distro upgrade and ssl hardening.

May be the provided shapes down outgoing traffic on 443 port? How can
I find it out?

Janis